Ride for free with a GoPass!
The GoPass is provided to employees and students for commuting to UNC from outside of the Chapel Hill Transit service area. GoTriangle (formerly Triangle Transit) has direct bus service from Durham, Raleigh, and Hillsborough. PART has direct bus service from Greensboro, Whitsett, Graham, and Mebane. The GoPass can be used on all GoTriangle routes and PART route 4, as well as GoDurham (DATA), GoRaleigh (CAT), and C-Tran routes.
GoPass eligibility rules:
- Must forgo an on-campus parking permit
- Must live outside the Chapel Hill Transit service area
- Must be a UNC student or an employee (paid by the University or Hospitals)
To obtain a GoPass, join the Commuter Alternative Program (CAP):
- Register online (pass is mailed to address provided in 3-5 days)
- In-person at the Public Safety building (for University employees and students)
- In-person at the Hospitals Parking Office, in front of Children’s Hospital (for UNC Healthcare employees)
Regional Park & Ride lots are free! Popular lots include:
- Durham, Southpoint Mall (near IMAX)
- Durham, Patterson Place (near I-40 and US 15-501)
- Durham, Regional Transit Center (901 Slater Road)
- Graham, PART Park & Ride (820 S. Main St., I-85/I-40 Exit 147)
- Hillsborough, Durham Tech (525 College Park Road)
- Mebane, Cone Health MedCenter (I-85/I-40 Exit 154)
- Raleigh, District Drive (off Wade Ave & Blue Ridge Rd)
Lost / Stolen GoPass
To replace a GoPass, come in person to the Public Safety Building (285 Manning Dr) or to the Hospital parking offices (in front of Children’s Hospital). The first replacement is free and any additional replacements cost $25.