UNC partners with the Town of Chapel Hill to create a Homegrown Halloween celebration with the goal of having a fun and safe locally hosted and attended event. With this in mind, many roadways and parking lots on campus will be restricted for the event.
Campus Parking Permit Regulations
Monday, Oct 31, 2016
Parking permit regulations are in effect from 7:30 a.m. Monday, October 31 thru Tuesday, November 1 at 2 a.m. in all weekday permitted lots. Valid weekday permits for the lot must be displayed to access the parking areas during this time frame.
Vehicles not displaying a valid permit may be ticketed and towed from permitted lots. Owners of towed vehicles must come to the Public Safety Building at 285 Manning Drive to have vehicle released from impoundment. Payment for the citation, tow, and any outstanding balances owed to UNC Transportation & Parking will be required before the vehicle will be released.
Parking Lot Closures
Some lots will not be available after 5 p.m. or 8 p.m. based on road closures or event operation needs. Please check carefully for these areas:
Parking Lot Access Restricted after 3 p.m. (located off of Franklin St. & Cameron Ave.). Vehicles must be removed by 5:30 p.m. (vehicles will be towed at owner expense)
- Swain Lot (NG1)
- Porthole & Utility, Morehead Lots (N2)
- Coates Lot (N9)
Parking Lot Access Restricted after 5:00 p.m.
- Stadium Drive (S4)
Parking Lot Access Restricted after 7:30 p.m.
- Aycock, Battle Lane, Spencer (A)
- Bynum Circle, Emerson & Davis Drive, Old East, Peabody (N3)
- Caldwell & Steele (NG3)
- Forest Theater (N5)
- Fraternity Court (FC)
- Park Place (N5)
To view a list of street closures for Homegrown Halloween, please visit the Town of Chapel Hill website at townofchapelhill.org.
Campus lots will require weekday permits from 7:30 a.m. Monday, October 31 thru Tuesday, November 1 at 2 a.m.
- Employees reporting to work on Halloween evening on north and mid campus locations may present their weekday permit or UNC1 Card at Cobb Deck (ND), Nash (N7), Bell Tower Deck (BTD), and Venable (N11).
- P2P After Dark is available at 919-962-7867 employees.
- Dogwood Deck is available and recommended southcampus parking for all UNC Health Care employees, patients, and visitors during this time frame.
- Employees, who do not have a permit, reporting to work after the road closures should park in Dogwood Deck.
- Contact P2P After Dark at 919-962-7867 for rides to and from areas not serviced by the P2P Express Halloween Route.
Campus lots will require weekday permits 7:30 a.m. Monday, October 31 thru Tuesday, November 1 at 2 a.m. Graduate students working on campus during this time frame should contact their department coordinator for a temporary permit. Students coming to campus for academic or extracurricular activities must present their permit or UNC One card to use campus parking locations.
For more information on Homegrown Halloween for UNC students, see Student Affairs Halloween.
Student Guest Parking
UNC student guest parking is available at 6 p.m. on October 31 at $20 per vehicle at the Rams Head Deck. All other lots on campus will require weekday permits.
Local and Regional transit services may be altered to accommodate Homegrown Halloween road closures. All riders must adhere to rules and polices associated with riding campus and local transit services safely. See links to Halloween route modifications: