What services are available to enhance safety after 5:00 p.m.?
A fare-free, fixed-route shuttle service for UNC students and employees, 7 p.m. – 4 a.m., 7 days a week during the Fall and Spring academic semesters (when UNC residence halls are open). P2P Express is on a regular, fixed schedule which runs every 15 minutes and stops at designated bus stops on campus. P2P Summer Express operates on a modified fixed route. P2P services do not operate on University-recognized holidays when residence halls are closed.
Van service for UNC employees/students to and from UNC-owned facilities at designated pick-up/drop-off points not served by P2P Express or Chapel Hill Transit. P2P After-Dark services only serve campus locations open for business and on-campus parking lots. Service is provided 7 p.m. – 6 a.m., 7 days a week. For after-dark transportation, call 919-962-7867.
Note: P2P only transports to Park & Rides via Emergency Ride Back and does not pick up from Park & Ride lots.
Emergency Ride Back
An on-demand service from campus locations back to Park & Ride lots or addresses within Chapel Hill and Carrboro city limits for employees and students registered in the Commuter Alternative Program (CAP) that have a verifiable emergency or miss the last transit bus back to a Park & Ride lot due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Early Morning S11 (Bowles Lots) to Hospital operates Mon – Fri, 2:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- Evening Hospital to S11 (Bowles Lots) operates Mon – Fri beginning:
- 2:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. operating every 15 minutes
- 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. departs as needed from Children’s Hospital
- Evening Shuttle (919-966-3686) – operates 365 days a year serving the Hospital to parking lots and 7 days a week 5:30 p.m. – 1:30 a.m.
- Security Shuttle (919-966-3686) – operates 365 days a year serving Hospital Front (11:30 p.m. – 6 a.m.) and ER Valet (2:00 a.m. – 6:00 a.m.) pick up points to campus locations and ER Valet from 2 a.m. – 6 a.m.
- Numerous transit routes serve the UNC, Chapel Hill, and Carrboro Community (see below for last departures from UNC).
|Route (X = Express)||Off-Campus Service Area||First Arrival||Campus Bus Stop (Arrival)||Last Departure||Campus Bus Stop (Departure)|
|A Route||MLK / Homestead Rd||6:48 a.m.||Manning Dr @ UNC Hospitals||6:58 p.m.||Manning Dr @ UNCH Parking Deck|
|A Route||Barclay Rd||7:28 a.m.||Manning Dr @ UNCH Parking Deck||6:48 p.m.||Manning Dr @ UNC Hospitals|
|CCX Route||Chatham P&R||6:12 a.m.||Manning Dr @ UNCH Parking Deck||7:45 p.m.||Manning Dr @ UNC Hospitals|
|CL Route||Colony Lake / Sage Rd||7:32 a.m.||East Dr @ Jackson Circle||5:50 p.m.||East Dr @ Jackson Circle|
|CM Route||Jones Ferry P&R / Merrit Mill Rd||6:28 a.m.||UNC Family Medicine Center||7:27 p.m.||UNC Family Medicine Center|
|CPX Route||Carrboro Plaza P&R||6:26 a.m.||S Columbia St @ Health Sci. Library||6:45 p.m.||Pittsboro St @ SECU|
|CW Route||Carrboro Plaza P&R / Jones Ferry P&R||7:46 a.m.||Pittsboro St @ SECU||8:50 p.m.||Pittsboro St @ SECU|
|D Route||Eastowne / Culbreth Rd||6:55 a.m.||Manning Dr @ UNCH Parking Deck||9:15 p.m.||Manning Dr @ UNC Hospitals|
|FCX Route||Friday Center P&R||5:28 a.m.||Manning Dr @ UNC Hospitals||8:13 p.m.||South Rd @ Fetzer Gym|
|G Route||University Mall||6:44 a.m.||Manning Dr @ UNC Hospitals||8:21 p.m.||Manning Dr @ UNC Hospitals|
|G Route||Booker Creek||7:41 a.m.||Manning Dr @ UNC Hospitals||8:04 p.m.||Manning Dr @ UNC Hospitals|
|HU Route||Hedrick Bldg / NC 54 P&R||5:39 a.m.||Manning Dr @ UNC Hospitals||10:25 p.m.||Manning Dr @ UNC Hospitals|
|J Route||Smith Level Rd / Rock Haven Rd||6:45 a.m.||S Columbia St @ Health Sci. Library||11:43 p.m.||Pittsboro St @ SECU|
|J Route||Jones Ferry Rd||6:40 a.m.||Pittsboro St @ SECU||11:16 p.m.||S Columbia St @ Health Sci. Library|
|JFX Route||Jones Ferry P&R||5:40 a.m.||S Columbia St @ Health Sci. Library||7:50 p.m.||Pittsboro St @ SECU|
|N Route||Estes Park||6:43 a.m.||Mason Farm Rd @ ACC||7:01 p.m.||Manning Dr @ UNC Hospitals|
|NS Route||Eubanks P&R||5:53 a.m.||Manning Dr @ UNCH Parking Deck||10:14 p.m.||Manning Dr @ UNC Hospitals|
|NS Route||Southern Village P&R||5:43 a.m.||Manning Dr @ UNC Hospitals||7:33 p.m.||Manning Dr @ UNCH Parking Deck|
|NU Route||AOB at Airport Rd / RR Lot||7:27 a.m.||Manning Dr @ UNC Hospitals||10:27 p.m.||Manning Dr @ UNC Hospitals|
|CT Route||Pittsboro Lowe’s P&R||6:35 a.m.||Manning Dr @ UNCH Parking Deck||5:29 p.m.||Pittsboro St @ SECU|
|S Route||NC 54 P&R||6:36 a.m.||Manning Dr @ UNC Hospitals||7:26 p.m.||South Rd @ Fetzer Gym|
|T Route||MLK / Weaver Dairy Rd||7:22 a.m.||Manning Dr @ UNC Hospitals||6:15 p.m.||Manning Dr @ UNC Hospitals|
|V Route||Southern Village P&R||7:08 a.m.||Manning Dr @ UNC Hospitals||7:47 p.m.||Manning Dr @ UNCH Parking Deck|
|V Route||Meadowmont / Friday Center P&R||6:33 a.m.||South Rd @ Student Union||7:05 p.m.||South Rd @ Fetzer Gym|
- SafeWalk: A Student Government initiative to increase night time safety for UNC students. A male-female pair of DPS-trained students walks with you to an on-campus destination.
- LiveSafe: The LiveSafe app provides students, faculty and staff with a direct connection to UNC Police so that everyone can easily communicate all their safety needs. Its easy-to-use features help you stay safe every day and enable us to better protect you.
- Emergency Call Boxes: Emergency phones are located across campus grounds identifiable at night by the blue lights on top. Emergency phones are also in parking decks and elevators. All of these emergency phones provide a direct line to the Emergency 911 Center at the Public Safety Building.
- Campus Lighted Corridor: A pedestrian-friendly corridor through the campus on which the University sharply focuses its lighting and personal safety resources. In addition, there are eight police officers assigned to patrol the campus at night. There are also security guards assigned to the Cardinal, Dogwood, and Craige decks at night.