The Five-Year Plan has four main guiding principles that encourage the Transportation & Parking department to reduce the current parking subsidy for transit services and developing a more equitable balance of the cost of the Transportation and Parking System to all users of the System.
- Maintain adequate on-campus parking for visitors and patients.
- Maintain commitment to partnership with the Towns of Chapel Hill and Carrboro in the operation of the Chapel Hill Transit fare-free system.
- Maintain commitment to promote use of GoTriangle and other regional transit options for access to the main campus.
- Reduce the current parking subsidy for transit services.
- Develop a more equitable balance of the cost of the Transportation and Parking System to all users of the System.
The Advisory Committee on Transportation and Parking (ACT) uses the guiding principles and supporting practices to shape the 5-Year Plan Recommendations.