Registration is required for all bikes on campus. Cyclists receive a coupon for 50% off a U-lock from UNC Student Stores and a registration sticker for their bikes.
Fill out the online registration form or come in person to the Public Safety Building at 285 Manning Drive. If needed, police can engrave a serial number.
- Thieves are less likely to steal bikes with permits
- It helps police locate owners of lost/stolen bikes
- Cyclists receive 50% off a U-lock to prevent theft
How to get a discounted U-lock:
- After bike registration, a coupon is mailed along with the bicycle permit.
- Take the coupon to UNC Student Stores and redeem it for a discounted U-lock.
Locating the serial number:
1. Underside of crank
3. Rear stays
4. Seat downtube next to crank
5. Top of crank