- This event has passed.
Spring Football Game
April 9 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Stadium Drive is reserved for Spring Football game day for a limited number of Rams Club permit holders
- Rams Club parking assignments for athletic events is managed by The Educational Foundation
- Anyone without an assigned permit should use the designated public parking areas
For more information on Rams Club member parking, please contact the Rams Club.
The Tar Heel Express will not operate for the Spring Football game. Free Public Parking is available in designated lots. No more than one space per vehicle is allowed.
Public Parking (standard sized vehicles) is available in the following lots:
RV Parking is available at the Friday Center Park and Ride Lot beginning Friday at 6 p.m. until Sunday at 5 p.m. The Tar Heel Express will not operate this weekend. No RV parking is available on campus. The following applies to RV game parking:
- RVs are expected to keep the number of spaces occupied to a minimum (no more than 7)
- RV parking at the Friday Center is free, but there are no generators or other RV hookups
- No RV dumping is available or allowed
- RVs and their passengers are asked to please clean up all trash prior to departure
Charter Bus Parking is designated on Bowles Drive near the Dean E. Smith Center as space allows. Alternate bus parking is located at the Friday Center Park and Ride Lot off NC Highway 54. Bus parking for this weekend is free.
Accessibility Parking for the spring football game is in the Bell Tower Deck off South Road.
- Accessibility parking is free.
- Patrons with state (any state) disability permits or license plates may park.
- Patrons with a temporary mobility issue that do not have a state issued disability permit or plate may arrange for a game day disability parking permit by contacting Transportation and Parking at 919-962-3951 or submit requests using the Football Request Form.
Parking for employees not attending the game is available in the Dogwood Deck and any public parking location or other parking location not reserved. Traffic may be heavy at times, so plan accordingly when reporting to work.
Student Resident Parking is allowed in any of the above listed public parking areas and designated student lots across campus.
- UNC housing residents in the following locations are not required to remove their vehicles: Ehringhaus Lot (K), Morrison Circle Lot (L), Craige Lot (L) and Hinton James Lot (M)
- Commuter Student Parking is available in any of the above listed public parking areas or lots not designated as reserved parking
- Graduate Student Parking is available in any of the public parking areas or lots not designated as reserved parking
Several parking lots throughout campus are designated as Reserved Areas for event operations beginning at 6 p.m. on Friday, April 8 through Sunday, April 10.
- Vehicles left on Stadium Drive and in the Stallings-Evans Lot after 6 p.m. on Friday, April 8 will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Stadium Drive and Stallings-Evans are reserved for the Tar Heel 10 Miler and the Spring football game from 6 p.m. on Friday thru the end of egress on Saturday (approximately 8 p.m.).
- Vehicles left on Stadium Drive will be relocated to the back row of the Bowles Lot.
- Community Director Spaces will remain accessible except during the race window of 6:45 a.m. to 11 a.m. (PDF Permit can be arranged via Parking Coordinator).
- The cost for violating event parking restrictions is a $50 parking citation and a $90-$100 relocation fee. Owners may retrieve vehicles directly from the lots without completing any paperwork.
- Parking violations must be paid with 10 calendar days to avoid late fees or appealed to be eligible for appeal consideration.
- Contact 919-962-8100 if you require assistance in locating your vehicle.
Taxi services, including Uber and Lyft, may drop and pick-up passengers along South Columbia bus lane between Manning Drive and South Road. In the interest of public safety and other operational concerns, other areas of campus have restricted traffic and road access and taxi services are not allowed.
Access to the stadium is available by using the 5-minute sidewalk / step route between Fordham Hall, the Health Education Center and Genome Sciences Building, the Tar Heel Tailgate in front of Bell Tower Deck and near Gate 5. For a route that provides elevators, try the 7-minute walk to the bridge which connects to level 4 of the Bell Tower Deck (elevators inside) and descend to the surface and Tailgate area.
The Tar Heel 10 Miler will impact campus from 4 a.m. – 11 a.m. Please see the Tar Heel 10 Miler website for impact maps and information. Due to the volume of vehicles expected to be on campus, it is best to plan on traffic delays and follow suggested directions of travel. Traffic is typically heaviest 1.5 hours prior to game time. Some campus roads are restricted to manage traffic and stadium access. Only emergency vehicle, buses and patrons with the proper access credentials will be allowed in restricted areas.