The Commuter Alternative Program (CAP) offers the following benefits to members:
- Discounts – use the CAP Discount Card for deals at participating restaurants and shops
- Prize Drawings – automatic entry for a chance to win prizes, donated by local businesses
- Zipcar Discount – become a Zipcar member for free!
- Monthly E-Newsletter – “Commuter News” includes promotions, events, transit alerts, traffic detours, and more!
- Free 1-Day Parking (sign in to print permit)
- Emergency Ride Home
- Local trips: Use P2P’s Emergency Ride Back to local Park & Ride lots and residences in Chapel Hill/Carrboro
- GoTriangle riders: Sign up for this free Emergency Ride Home program (employees only)
- PART riders: Use this free Emergency Ride Home program (employees only)
- Chatham Transit Express (CT) riders: Call Chatham Transit at 919-542-5136 (Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
- Subsidies – Eligible commuters may choose between:
- GoPass to ride GoTriangle / PART (must live outside Chapel Hill Transit service area)
- Chatham Transit Express Pass (must live outside Chapel Hill Transit service area)
- Vanpool discount of $30/month (deducted from GoTriangle or PART vanpool fares)
For over a decade, UNC has been a proud member of Best Workplaces for Commuters. These nationally-recognized organizations offer outstanding commuter benefits to their employees, encouraging them to use alternative transportation to reduce traffic and improve air quality.