Frequently Asked Questions
To register in person, university employees and students may visit the Public Safety Building at 285 Manning Drive, and UNC Healthcare employees can register at the Hospitals Parking Office located in front of the NC Children’s Hospital.
If you are no longer interested in being a CAP member, you can turn in your Park-and-Ride permit, GoPass, or Chatham Transit Express (CT) pass to the Public Safety Building or the Hospital Parking Office for a pro-rated refund (or to stop payroll deductions).
Permanent employees will have their CAP membership automatically renewed each year, or they may stop the auto-renewal process by speaking to their department’s parking coordinator.
To print the permit at home:
- Log in to online services.
- Scroll down to click “Get permits.”
- Select CAP Member as the customer group.
- Select the option for “CAP 1-Day S11/P&R printable” permit.
- Input the day you need the permit, then the vehicle.
- Select “Printable permit” (not a mailing address).
- Follow the remaining steps.
- Display the printed permit on the vehicle’s dashboard.
To begin tracking trips, create an account with ShareTheRideNC, and follow the instructions on the calendar!