Ride for free with a GoPass!
The GoPass is provided to employees and students for commuting to UNC from outside of the Chapel Hill Transit service area. GoTriangle (formerly Triangle Transit) has direct bus service from Durham, Raleigh, and Hillsborough. PART has direct bus service from Greensboro, Whitsett, Graham, and Mebane. The GoPass can be used on all GoTriangle routes and PART route 4, as well as GoDurham (DATA), GoRaleigh (CAT), and C-Tran routes.
GoPass eligibility rules:
- Must forgo an on-campus parking permit
- Must live outside the Chapel Hill Transit service area or take classes through the Interinstitutional Program (pre-approval required, register here)
- Must be a UNC student or an employee (paid by the University or Hospitals)
To obtain a GoPass:
- Register online (pass may be picked up or mailed)
- University employees and students, pick up in-person at the Public Safety building
- UNC Health Care employees, pick up in-person at the Hospitals Parking Office
To replace a GoPass, come in person to the Public Safety Building (285 Manning Dr) or to the Hospital parking offices (in front of Children’s Hospital). The first replacement is free and any additional replacements cost $25.