Ride for free with a GoPass!
The GoPass is provided to employees and students for commuting to UNC or for travel to classes at approved institutions. For personal trips such as internships or shopping, riders may pay with cash or purchase discounted passes through GoTriangle or PART. Be sure to check out reduced fares for students and youth!
GoTriangle (formerly Triangle Transit) has direct bus service from Durham, Raleigh, and Hillsborough. PART has direct bus service from Greensboro, Burlington, Graham, and Mebane. The GoPass can be used on all GoTriangle routes and PART route 4, as well as the Orange-Chapel Hill Connector, GoDurham, GoRaleigh, and GoCary routes.
GoPass eligibility rules:
- Must forgo an on-campus parking permit
- Must be a UNC student or employee paid directly by the University or Hospitals (groups not eligible include UTS employees and visiting scholars)
- Must live outside the Chapel Hill Transit service area or take classes through the Interinstitutional Program or other approved program (pre-approval is required, register here)
To obtain a GoPass:
- Register online (pass may be picked up or mailed)
- University employees and students, pick up in-person at the Public Safety building
- UNC Health Care employees, pick up in-person at the Hospitals Parking Office
To replace a GoPass, come in person to the Public Safety Building (285 Manning Dr) or to the Hospital parking offices (in front of Children’s Hospital). The first replacement is free and any additional replacements cost $25.