Parking lots will open for commencement parking one hour prior to each ceremony and will be cleared one hour after each ceremony. No shuttle service.
Nearest Public Parking:
Additional Public Parking (further away):
- Graduates and guests who requested accessibility parking or seating accommodations will receive prearranged parking in advance of the ceremonies.
- Graduates and guests with special accommodations will park in the Bell Tower Parking Deck or other specially prearranged areas by displaying assigned parking permits.
- Limited non-prearranged parking for patrons with state ADA parking permits will also be available in Bell Tower Deck.
- Bell Tower Deck will open one and a half hours prior to each ceremony.
- Bell Tower Deck is ADA compliant to Gate 5 of Kenan Stadium.
Taxi service, including Uber and Lyft are not recommended for patrons with accessibility needs due to the public safety and other operational concerns.
Taxi services (including Uber and Lyft):
- Must use designated drop and pick-up location along South Columbia bus lane between Manning Drive and South Road.
- In the interest of public safety and other operational concerns, other areas of campus have restricted traffic and road access, and taxi services are not allowed.
Directions to Kenan Stadium from drop-off location: Use the bridge (7-minute walk) on level 4 of Bell Tower Deck to access elevators to ground level.
University Events will distribute special permits to the limited number of employees participating in the ceremonies.
Roads on campus may experience traffic delays approximately one and a half hours prior to ceremonies and one hour after each ceremony. Additionally, there will be several athletic events also taking place on campus. For operational and security reasons, some lots and roads will be restricted/closed. Please plan accordingly.
Roads Closed for Through Traffic
The following roads will be closed at least four hours prior to each ceremony through the end of the last ceremony of the day:
The majority of parking for the Kenan Ceremonies is located on South Campus and West Campus. Recommended campus access via the southern entrances from US 15-501 and S. Columbia St.