Public parking availability and pricing is for standard-sized vehicles. No more than one vehicle allowed per space. Public parking payment is by debit/credit card (VISA, Mastercard, Discover) with a cash option available on game day in the Manning Lot (Upper Tier).
Pre-Paid Public Parking (reserved) available for purchase online in advance of the game. Purchase your parking and display phone or printed permit when entering the lot. Pre-paid public parking permits valid for one-time use and scanned at entry. Parking permit price includes parking cost plus ParkMobile convenience fee and transaction fee.
$12.20 Pre-Paid game-day parking is available in the following lots:
- Manning Lot
- Hibbard Lot
- South Chiller Lot
- 440 North Lot
- Cardinal Deck
$10 Public Parking available on game day in the following lots:
- Cardinal Deck
- Jackson Deck
- Manning Lot
- Parking lots throughout campus are designated as reserved Rams Club Parking for football game day patrons.
- Reserved lots must be cleared by 8 a.m. on Home Football Saturdays.
- Rams Club parking assignments for athletic events is managed by The Educational Foundation.
For more information on Rams Club member parking, please contact the Rams Club.
- The cost to ride the Tar Heel Express is $5 round-trip or $3 one-way. No parking fee is charged for any Tar Heel Express pick-up lot.
- All buses drop-off along South Road in front of Carmichael Auditorium and Woollen Gym. All buses also pick up from this location post-game.
- The Tar Heel Express will no longer service University Place or Airport Drive locations.
- Following the game, buses run continuously for approximately 45 minutes.
Face covering required to ride Tar Heel Express.
Accessibility Parking is in the Ambulatory Care Lot (ACC) off Mason Farm Road and the UNC System Office Lot. A Parking Ambassador provides specific parking space options on game day based on vehicle size and patron mobility.
- Accessibility parking is $10 per vehicle.
- Patrons with state (any state) disability permits or license plates may park.
- Patrons with a temporary mobility issue that do not have a state issued disability permit or plate may arrange for a game day disability parking permit by contacting the Parking and Transportation Services at 919-962-3951 or submit requests using the Football Request Form.
Ambulatory Care Lot Game Day Shuttle provides shuttle service from the Ambulatory Care Lot and UNC System Lot to Kenan Stadium Gates 2 and 6 beginning 3 hours prior to the game and operates until 10 minutes after kick-off.
- Shuttles provide pick-up/drop-off service throughout the lot and deliver to Kenan Stadium Gates 2 & 6.
- Patrons are encouraged to check the shuttle labels before boarding to ensure boarding for “north side” or “south side” shuttle.
- Return shuttle service resumes post-game at Gates 2 & 6 and transport begins as the crowd and traffic allows.
- Emergency ride back is provided during the game by EMS upon request.
Face covering required to ride shuttle. Drivers are not allowed to accept gratuities as they are paid to operate the shuttles and provide professional service to our valued event patrons with disabilities.
Taxi services including Uber and Lyft may drop and pick-up passengers along South Columbia bus lane between Manning Drive and South Road. In the interest of public safety and other operational concerns, other areas of campus have restricted traffic and road access and taxi services are not allowed.
Access to the stadium is available from the drop-off point via the Carolina Livery Shuttles beginning 1.5 hours prior to game time or by using the 5-minute sidewalk / step route between Fordham Hall, the Health Education Center and Genome Sciences Building which connects to the Rams Club pre-game event, the Tar Heel Tailgate in front of Bell Tower Deck and near Gate 5. For a route that provides elevators, try the 7-minute walk to the the bridge which connects to level 4 of the Bell Tower Deck (elevators inside) and descend to the surface and Tailgate area.
Patrons using the Carolina Livery Service will be dropped-off / picked-up at the north side of the Stadium at Gate 2.
Charter Bus Parking is designated on Bowles Drive near the Dean E. Smith Center as space allows. Alternate bus parking is located at the Friday Center Park and Ride Lot off NC Highway 54. Bus parking is $40 at the Smith Center and no charge at the Friday Center Park and Ride location.
Town of Chapel Hill Parking information is available at Parking on the Hill.
RV Parking is available at the Friday Center Park and Ride Lot. Tar Heel Express provides transportation into campus for the game. No public RV parking is available on campus. The following applies to RV game parking:
- RV reservations can be made using the Football Request Form. Reservations are encouraged 72-hours in advance to guarantee space on game day.
- RVs are expected to keep the number of spaces occupied to a minimum (no more than 7)
- RVs are allowed to park after 6 p.m. on home football Fridays and may remain in the lot until 5 p.m. the Sunday after the home football game on Saturday.
- RVs and their passengers are asked to please clean up all trash prior to departure
- RV parking at the Friday Center is free, but there are no generators or other RV hookups
Football RV parking is for Rams Club members only. The Rams Club is responsible for RV parking assignments in the designated Rams Club RV lot.
UNC does not allow any RV parking in main campus or off-campus UNC parking lots outside of football games.
Parking lots throughout campus are designated as Reserved Areas for football game day parking and operations.
- Vehicles left in these lots after 8:00 a.m. on game days will be relocated at the owner’s expense.
- Vehicles left in reserved lots on the north side of campus will be relocated to the General Administration Lot and vehicles left in south side campus lots will be relocated to the back row of the Bowles Lot.
- The cost for violating event parking restrictions is a $50 parking citation and a $90-$100 relocation fee. Owners may retrieve vehicles directly from the lots without completing any paperwork.
Parking violations must be paid with 10 calendar days to avoid late fees or appealed to be eligible for appeal consideration. Contact 919-962-8100 if you require assistance in locating your vehicle.
Employee Game Day Parking is reserved for employees reporting directly to work and not attending the football game.
- Spaces are available in lots throughout campus for working employees (not for attending the game) who have valid weekday parking permits, UNC Hospitals’ credentials, or Event Employee parking permits.
- Employees that have a valid weekday permit and need to report to work on a game day can find parking in the following lots:
- Cobb Deck
- Dogwood Deck
- Swain Lot
- Beard Lot
- Department Parking Coordinators may request parking permits that will be honored in game day employee lots for temporary or permanent employees reporting for work who do not have a weekday permit by using the Football Request Form.
Traffic may be heavy at times on game days, so plan accordingly when reporting to work. Please have UNC OneCard available to present to parking ambassadors.
Student Resident Parking is only allowed in a few areas across campus on game days. UNC housing residents including permit holders in the Ehringhaus (K), Morrison Circle (L), Craige (L) and Hinton James (M) lots must relocate vehicles from these lots by 8 a.m. on football Saturdays until 1 hour after the end of the game. Students can relocate to S11 Manning lot and/or Craige Deck.
Commuter Student Parking is available in Student Game Day Parking areas on campus to students coming to campus for academic purposes only. Students must have a weekday permit or park prior to the monitor arriving for game operations. Weekday student commuter permits are not honored in reserved game day parking lots.
Graduate Student Parking is available to students working on experiments/academics on game days by contacting the Parking Coordinator in the respective graduate school, program/department. The Parking Coordinator may request a permit for a graduate student via the Football Request Form. Event permits of this type are for academic business only and not for game parking.
Due to the volume of vehicles on home football game days, it is best to plan on traffic delays and follow suggested directions of travel. Traffic is typically heaviest 1.5 hours prior to game time. To avoid campus traffic, game patrons may want to consider park and ride and utilize Tar Heel Express to get to the stadium. Please heed the signs and directions given by traffic and parking personnel.
Some campus roads are restricted to manage traffic and stadium access prior to and following games. Only emergency vehicle, buses, and patrons with a UNC Season Football Parking Permit for the area are allowed access.
For questions regarding transportation and parking on game days, please contact the Transportation and Parking office using the General Information number during normal business hours Monday-Friday.