Pre-Paid Parking is available for purchase online in advance of the game. Purchase your parking and display the online permit when entering the lot. Pre-Paid game-day parking is available in the following lot:
- $12.20 Cardinal Deck (Includes parking cost plus Parkmobile convenience fee and transaction fee.)
General Public Parking Lots are available for basketball games. Exact change is appreciated to facilitate traffic flow into the lots.
- Parking lots surrounding the Smith Center are designated and reserved for Rams Club Basketball parking.
- Reserved lots must be cleared by 5:30 p.m. or 6:00 p.m. for weeknight games, and by 8:00 a.m. for weekend games.
- These times are subject to change, please refer to posted signage in advance of gametime.
- Rams Club parking assignments for athletic events is managed by The Educational Foundation.
For more information on Rams Club member parking, please contact the Rams Club.
- The cost to ride the Tar Heel Express is $5 round-trip or $3 one-way. No parking fee is charged for any Tar Heel Express pick-up lot.
- Passengers are issued wrist bands at the Park & Ride lot that indicates the appropriate bus for return trip boarding.
- All buses drop-off and pick up in front of the Smith Center.
- Buses begin operating from the Park & Ride lots 1.5 hours prior to game time to just after tip-off. Return trips begin immediately following the game.
Accessibility Parking is reserved for UNC Men’s Basketball games in the Rams Head Deck located off of Ridge Road.
- Accessibility Parking is $10 per vehicle.
- Patrons with a state (any state) disability permit or license plate may park in this location.
- Patrons with a temporary mobility issue that do not have a state issued disability permit or plate may arrange for a game day disability parking permit by contacting Transportation and Parking Services at 919-962-3951 or submit requests by completing the Basketball Request Form.
Rams Head Shuttle provides service from the Rams Head Deck bus stop to the front of the Smith Center.
- Patrons are issued a Shuttle Pass when paying to park that must be presented when boarding the Rams Head Shuttle.
- Golf Cart shuttles are available at the Smith Center bus drop-off for patrons unable to walk from the bus stop.
- The Golf Cart Shuttles are provided on a first-come, first-served basis and only pick-up and drop-off at doors “A” and “B” of the Smith Center.
Anyone unable to walk from the “A” and “B” Doors to the bus stop in front of the Smith Center postgame, may ride the special golf carts to the bus stop. Service is first-come-first serve from the designated shuttle pick-up locations only. To ensure the most fair service possible, golf cart drivers will not pick-up passengers from any other locations and to stop running their cart if patrons board from unauthorized shuttle locations.
Taxi services, including Uber and Lyft, may drop and pick-up passengers along Blythe Drive by accessing it from Bowles Drive and exiting it onto Hibbard Drive. An accessibility cart is available to shuttle patrons with mobility issues to and from the A & B Doors of the Smith Center and the pickup/drop off zone by the crosswalk on Blythe Drive. Other areas of campus have restricted traffic and road access and taxi services are not allowed.
Limo Parking is available on Blythe Drive only at $10 per vehicle. Limos are not allowed to drop-off/pick-up in front of the Smith Center. These areas are reserved to accommodate Tar Heel Express and Rams Head Shuttle Services
Charter Bus accommodations should be submitted at least 72 hours in advance by completing the Basketball Request Form. Charter Bus parking is $40 per game. On-Campus Charter Bus accommodations are limited and space is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Buses are parked and staged on Blythe Drive. Requests should be submitted with sufficient advance notice to insure on-campus access.
UNC Employees and UNC Hospitals Employees parked in lots reserved for weeknight games, and are unable to move their vehicles, will be provided with an alternative parking option for game nights. Alternate employee parking requests can be submitted by completing the Basketball Request Form. UNC Hospital employees should contact the Hospital Parking Office at 984-974-1031.
- Employees attending a game should park in General Public Parking lots and pay the $10.00 parking fee.
- Employees with a Daytime Permit may park in any unreserved Weeknight Parking lot, or purchase a $1 weeknight parking pass.
Employee permits will be honored during game times when employees are reporting to work.
The following roads/drives are restricted or closed for thru traffic for game operations:
- Bowles Drive, Kenan Center Drive, Blythe Drive Hardin Drive and Hibbard Drive are closed to thru traffic beginning 5 p.m. on for weeknight games or 3.5 hours prior to game time.
- Mason Farm Corridor (East Drive to Fordham Blvd.) includes Purefoy, Oteys and Mason Farm is closed to thru traffic beginning 6 p.m. for weeknight games or 3.5 hours prior to game time.
- Bowles Drive Lots should be accessed from the side of Bowles Drive that is the closest to the lot entrance. There is no thru traffic in front of the Smith Center.
Parking lots are designated as reserved for basketball game day parking and operations. Vehicles left in Reserved Lots will be relocated to the top tier of Manning Lot. The cost for violating event parking restrictions is a $50 parking citation and a $90-$100 relocation fee. Owners may retrieve vehicles directly from the lot without completing any paperwork. Parking violations must be paid with 10 calendar days to avoid late fees or appealed to be eligible for appeal consideration. Contact 919-962-8100 if you require assistance in locating your vehicle.
Vehicles must be removed by 5:30 p.m. from the following lots:
- Williamson / Williamson Drive (S11 Permit)
- Dean E. Smith (S11 Permit)
- Manning (S11 Permit)
- Koury (S9 Permit)
Vehicles must be removed by 6:00 p.m. from the following lots:
- Bowles Lot (S11 Permit)
- Business School Deck (BD Permit)
- Public Safety Lot (S1 Permit)
Vehicles must be removed from all above noted lots by 8:00 a.m. (Time may vary to 10:00 a.m.)