GoTriangle needs your feedback on proposed changes to the following routes. If approved, staff hopes to implement these changes on August 7, 2016.
The following routes have proposed service changes. Click on the Route Name/Number for full details or visit gotriangle.org/service-change.
Proposed changes affecting service to UNC
- Route 400/405: Route 400 trips between Durham and Chapel Hill would be made 10 minutes faster by no longer serving University Dr, Old Chapel Hill Rd, or SW Durham Dr. This allows Routes 400 and 405 to provide service every 15 minutes between Durham, Patterson Place, and Chapel Hill during peak commute times. GoTriangle is also proposing expanded service for Routes 400 and 405. Route 400 would run every 30 minutes from 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM on weekdays, and from 6:00 AM – 7:00 PM on Saturday. Currently, it only runs hourly at those times. Route 405 would be extended into Carrboro along Main St and Jones Ferry Rd.
- CRX: Increased traffic congestion is causing significant unreliability on Route CRX. GoTriangle is proposing an updated schedule to reflect actual travel times.
Other proposed changes
- Shuttle 46: The Shuttle 46 schedule would be adjusted for the 4:30 PM, 5:00 PM and 5:30 PM giving them more time to arrive on time at the RTC.
- Route 105: Route 105 would no longer serve the District Dr. Park-and-Ride, allowing most trips time to arrive to GoRaleigh Station on time.
- Route 305: The schedule for Route 305 would be adjusted to improve on-time performance.
- Route 700: Work on the Alston Ave (NC 55) Widening project is expected to begin in the Fall. The project will temporarily close the ramps used by Route 700 to serve Alston Ave. Because of this, GoTriangle is proposing non-stop service for the 700 between the Regional Transit Center (RTC) and Durham Station at all times – no longer serving Alston Ave., Lawson St., Cornwallis Rd. nor Davis Dr.
- DRX: Due to increased regional traffic congestion, it is not possible to reliably operate Route DRX on its current schedule. GoTriangle plans to update the schedule to reflect actual travel times. Staff would like your feedback on how to adjust it.
Give feedback on proposed changes
Comments will be accepted until April 28, 2016.
In person: Staff will distribute surveys on the buses.
Online: Use the online feedback forms available at http://www.gotriangle.org/service-change
Phone: Leave a message for Service Planning at 919-485-7526
Mail: GoTriangle, Attn: Service Planning, P.O. Box 13787, RTP, NC 27709