The following changes were approved by the GoTriangle Board of Trustees and will begin Sunday, August 7, 2016. Click on the Route Name/Number for full details or visit gotriangle.org/service-change.
Approved changes affecting service to UNC
- Route 400/405: Route 400 will continue to serve SW Durham Dr, University Dr, and Westgate Dr during peak commute hours (Monday – Friday, 6:30 AM – 9:30 AM and 3:45 PM – 6:45 PM). However, outside of peak commute hours, it will bypass those streets. Patterson Place will be the only stop between Franklin St and Erwin Rd. Route 400 will run every 30 minutes from 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM on weekdays, and from 6:00 AM – 7:00 PM on Saturday.
Route 405 will be rerouted to provide direct service to the town of Carrboro, along Jones Ferry Rd and Main St. In the morning, trips headed to Durham will start in Carrboro instead of starting at UNC Hospitals. In the evening, trips leaving Durham will end in Carrboro instead of ending at UNC Hospitals. Passengers who currently board Route 405 in the morning at UNC Hospitals, or ride Route 405 to UNC Hospitals in the afternoon, will not have a direct trip to Durham under the revised proposal. They will either have to take Route 400, or walk to/from Route 405 on Franklin St.
- CRX: The schedule for the CRX Route will be adjusted to improve on-time performance. CRX buses will now accept passengers on South Rd at the Student Stores during the morning commute, and to accept passengers at District Dr Park-and-Ride during the evening commute.
Other approved service changes
- Route 105: Route 105 will no longer serve the District Dr. Park-and-Ride, allowing most trips time to arrive at GoRaleigh Station on time.
- Route 305: The schedule for Route 305 will be adjusted to improve on-time performance.
- Route 700: Work on the Alston Ave (NC 55) Widening project is expected to begin in the Fall. The project will temporarily close the ramps used by Route 700 to serve Alston Ave. Because of this, Route 700 will operate nonstop between the Regional Transit Center (RTC) and Durham Station at all times – no longer serving Alston Ave., Lawson St., Cornwallis Rd. nor Davis Dr.
- DRX: The schedule for DRX Route will be adjusted to improve on-time performance.