Due to the possible rally at the Confederate Monument on UNC’s McCorkle Place quadrangle tonight (Tuesday, Aug. 22), UNC Transportation & Parking has announced the following adjustments to services in partnership with UNC Police:
- Cameron Avenue will close from Columbia Street to Raleigh Street at 5:30 p.m. Vehicles leaving the lots during that time period may exit, but no additional traffic will be allowed between Columbia Street and Raleigh Street after 5:30 p.m.
- Morehead Lot will close at 3 p.m. to vehicles entering the lot. Vehicles may remain in the lot until 5:30 p.m.
- Swain Lot will be closed to the public beginning 5 p.m. and permit holders are asked to move from the lot by 5:30 p.m.
- P2P Express will reroute and not travel any further north than South Road / McCauley Street / Raleigh Road between 5:30 p.m. and the end of the event tonight
- P2P On-Demand will not drop-off patrons to lots north of South Road between 5:30 p.m. and the end of the event tonight. Disability service pick-ups will be provided on an as-needed basis in the area.
- The Public Safety Lot gates will remain down tonight and available only for S1 permit holders
- Chapel Hill Transit will re-route (CHT) due to the Cameron Avenue closure
For more information, read the UNC Chancellor Folt’s message regarding the possible rally.