Tar Heel Express
Chapel Hill Transit provides the Tar Heel Express shuttle service from the Friday Center Park and Ride beginning 6 p.m.
- The cost to ride the Tar Heel Express is $5 round-trip or $3 one-way. No parking fee is charged for any Tar Heel Express pick-up lot.
- Passengers are issued wristbands at the Park & Ride lot that indicates the appropriate bus for return trip boarding.
- All buses drop-off and pick up in front of the Smith Center.
General Public Parking
Public Parking Lots are available beginning at 5 p.m. Exact change is appreciated to facilitate traffic flow into the lots.
- $0 Bell Tower Deck – South Road, Chapel Hill, NC
- $10 Bowles Lot – Skipper Bowles, Chapel Hill, NC
- $10 Craige Deck – Manning Drive, Chapel Hill, NC
- $10 Manning Lot – Manning Drive, Chapel Hill, NC
- $10 Jackson Deck – New East Drive, Chapel Hill, NC
- $10 Rams Head Deck – Ridge Road, Chapel Hill, NC
Limo Parking is available on Blythe Drive only at $20 per vehicle. Limos are not allowed to drop-off/pick-up in front of the Smith Center. These areas are reserved to accommodate Tar Heel Express.
Charter Bus accommodations should be submitted at least 72 hours in advance by completing the Basketball Request Form.
- Charter Bus parking is $40 per game.
- On-Campus Charter Bus accommodations are limited and space is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Buses are parked and staged on Blythe Drive.
Accessibility Parking & Shuttles
Accessibility Parking is reserved in the Williamson Lot located off of Bowles Drive.
- Accessibility Parking is $10 per vehicle.
- Patrons with a state (any state) disability permit or license plate may park in this location.
- Patrons with a temporary mobility issue that do not have a state issued accessibility permit or plate may arrange for a game day disability parking permit by contacting Transportation and Parking Services at 919-962-3951 or submit requests by completing the Basketball Request Form.
Williamson Lot golf cart shuttles provides service from the Williamson Lot to the front of the Smith Center.
- The Golf Cart Shuttles are provided on a first-come, first-served basis and only pick-up and drop-off at doors “A” and “B” of the Smith Center.
S11 Employee Permit Holders
S11 Employee Permit Holders that park in the Bowles Lot or the Manning Lot may park in the Dogwood Deck after 2:30 p.m. on game weeknights and exit without paying if they show their parking permit and exit prior to 9:00 a.m. the following morning.
CD and BTD Employee Permit Holders
The following roads/drives are restricted or closed for thru traffic for game operations:
- Bowles Drive, Kenan Center Drive, Blythe Drive, Hardin Drive and Hibbard Drive are closed to thru traffic beginning 5 p.m. on for weeknight games or 3.5 hours prior to game time.
- Mason Farm Corridor (East Drive to Fordham Blvd.) includes Purefoy, Oteys and Mason Farm is closed to thru traffic beginning 6 p.m. for weeknight games or 3.5 hours prior to game time.
- Bowles Drive Lots should be accessed from the side of Bowles Drive that is the closest to the lot entrance.
There is no thru traffic in front of the Smith Center.
Taxi Service Drop-Off and Pick-Up
Taxi services, including Uber and Lyft, may drop and pick-up passengers along Blythe Drive by accessing it from Bowles Drive and exiting it onto Hibbard Drive. An accessibility cart is available to shuttle patrons with mobility issues to and from the A & B Doors of the Smith Center and the pickup/drop off zone by the crosswalk on Blythe Drive. Other areas of campus have restricted traffic and road access and taxi services are not allowed.
Reserved Areas & Vehicle Relocation
Sections of the Manning Lot, Bowles Lot and Williamson Lots designated as reserved for basketball game day parking and operations. Vehicles left in Reserved Lots will be relocated to the top tier of Manning Lot. The cost for violating event parking restrictions is a $50 parking citation and a $90-$100 relocation fee. Owners may retrieve vehicles directly from the lot without completing any paperwork. Parking violations must be paid with 10 calendar days to avoid late fees or appealed to be eligible for appeal consideration. Contact 919-962-8100 if you require assistance in locating your vehicle.
Arena / Clear Bag Policy / Prohibited Item Information
Note: This is an NBA regulated exhibition game. NBA security operation plans will be in place. This will include, but is not limited to prohibition of certain bags, a requirement for clear bags, etc.