Tar Heel Express
Is not operating for these events.
General Public Parking
Free Public Parking is available in designated lots. No more than one space per vehicle is allowed.
Public Parking (standard sized vehicles) is available in the following lots:
- Cardinal Deck
- Jackson Deck
- Manning Lot
- Bowles Lot
- Craige Deck
- Boshamer Lot
- Park Place Lot
- Nash Lot
- Raleigh Road Visitor
RV Parking is available at the Friday Center Park and Ride Lot beginning Friday at 6 p.m. through Sunday at 5 p.m.. However, Tar Heel Express will not operate for this weekend. No RV parking is available on campus. The following applies to RV game parking:
- RVs are expected to keep the number of spaces occupied to a minimum (no more than 7)
- RVs and their passengers are asked to please clean up all trash prior to departure
- No RV dumping is available or allowed
- RV parking at the Friday Center is free, but there are no generators or other RV hookups
Charter Bus Parking
Charter Bus Parking is designated on Bowles Drive near the Dean E. Smith Center as space allows. Alternate bus parking is located at the Friday Center Park and Ride Lot off NC Highway 54. Bus parking for this weekend is free.
Accessibility Parking & Shuttles
Accessibility Parking for the spring football game is in the Ambulatory Care Lot (ACC) off Mason Farm Road.
- Accessibility parking is free.
- Patrons with state (any state) disability permits or license plates may park.
- Patrons with a temporary mobility issue that do not have a state issued disability permit or plate may arrange for a game day disability parking permit by contacting the Parking & Transportation Services at 919-962-3951 or submit requests using the Football Request Form.
The Ambulatory Care Lot Game Day Shuttle provides service from the Ambulatory Care Lot to Kenan Stadium Gate 6 beginning 2:45 p.m. until 5:15 p.m. and then continuously until the end of the football egress plans.
Accessibility parking for the lacrosse games is available in the School of Government Deck beginning 1 hour prior to each game (11 a.m. for the noon game and 2 p.m. for the 3 p.m. game) and will operate to / from the School of Government Deck and the Lacrosse-Soccer Stadium until egress ends following the final game.
Shuttle drivers are not allowed to accept gratuities as they are paid to operate the shuttles and provide professional service to our valued event patrons with disabilities.
Parking for employees not attending the games is available in the Dogwood Deck and any public parking location or other parking location not otherwise reserved.
Traffic may be heavy at times, so plan accordingly when reporting to work.
Student Resident Parking is allowed only in the public parking areas and a few of the student lots across campus. Unlike normal home football games, UNC housing residents in the following locations are not required or requested to remove their vehicles: Ehringhaus, Morrison Circle , Craige and Hinton James lots .
- Commuter Student Parking is available in any of the public parking areas or lots not designated as reserved parking.
- Graduate Student Parking is available in any of the public parking areas or lots not designated as reserved parking.
Reserved Areas & Vehicle Relocation
Several parking lots throughout campus are designated as Reserved Areas for event operations.
- Vehicles left on Stadium Drive and in Stallings-Evans Lot after 6 p.m. on Friday, April 12 will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Stadium Drive and Stallings-Evans are reserved for the Tar Heel 10 Miler and the spring football game from 6 p.m. on Friday through the end of egress on Saturday (approximately 8 p.m.).
- The exception to this will the Community Director Spaces which will not be cleared and will remain accessible except during the race window of 6:45 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Vehicles left on Stadium Drive will be relocated to the back row of the Bowles Lot.
- The cost for violating event parking restrictions is a $50 parking citation and a $90-$100 relocation fee. Owners may retrieve vehicles directly from the lots without completing any paperwork.
Parking violations must be paid with 10 calendar days to avoid late fees or appealed to be eligible for appeal consideration. Contact 919-962-8100 if you require assistance in locating your vehicle.
Taxi Service Drop-Off and Pick-Up
Taxi services including Uber and Lyft may drop and pick-up passengers along South Columbia bus lane between Manning Drive and South Road. In the interest of public safety and other operational concerns, other areas of campus have restricted traffic and road access and taxi services are not allowed.
Access to the stadium is available by using the 5-minute sidewalk / step route between Fordham Hall, the Health Education Center and Genome Sciences Building which connects to the Rams Club pre-game event, the Tar Heel Tailgate in front of Bell Tower Deck and near Gate 5. For a route that provides elevators, try the 7-minute walk to the bridge which connects to level 4 of the Bell Tower Deck (elevators inside) and descend to the surface and Tailgate area.
Patrons with accessibility issues should use the free parking in Ambulatory Care Lot and ride the free ACC Lot shuttles to Gate 6.
Due to the volume of vehicles expected to be on campus, it is best to plan on traffic delays and follow suggested directions of travel. Traffic is typically heaviest 1.5 hours prior to game time.
Some campus roads are restricted to manage traffic and stadium access. Only emergency vehicle, buses, and patrons with the proper access credentials will be allowed in restricted areas.