UNC partners with the Town of Chapel Hill to create a Halloween celebration with the goal of having a fun and safe locally hosted and attended event. With this in mind, many roadways and parking lots on campus are restricted for the event.
Thursday, Oct 31, 2019
Parking permit regulations are in effect from 7:30 a.m. Thursday, October 31 through Friday, November 1 at 7:30 a.m. in all weekday permitted lots. Valid weekday permits, weeknight permits, or weeknight student credentials for the lot must be displayed or registered to access the parking areas during this time frame.
Vehicles not displaying a valid permit or registered with a weeknight student permit may be ticketed and towed from permitted lots. Owners of towed vehicles must come to the Public Safety Building at 285 Manning Drive to release the vehicle from impoundment. Payment for the citation, tow, and any outstanding balances owed to UNC Transportation and Parking required before releasing the vehicle.
Citation and towing payment policies and online payment processing available on the Transportation and Parking website.
Weeknight public parking via Parkmobile is UNAVAILABLE during Halloween Operations.
Road closures or event operation needs may impact lot availability. Please check carefully for restricted areas:
Parking Lot Access Restricted after 3:00 p.m. (located off Franklin St. & Cameron Ave.) Vehicles must be removed by 5:30 p.m. (vehicles will be towed at owner expense)
- Swain Lot (NG1)
- Porthole & Utility (N2)
- Morehead Lots (N2)
- Coates Lot (N9)
Parking Lot Access Restricted after 5:00 p.m.
- Vehicles parked in the cul-de-sac in front of Gate 2 of Kenan Stadium and on the Bell Tower side of Stadium Drive from Gate 3 to the Alumni Center must move to designated alternate locations or vacate the lot completely.
- Stadium Drive (S4)
Parking Lot Access Restricted after 6:30 p.m.
- Aycock, Battle Lane, Spencer (A)
- Bynum Circle, Emerson & Davis Drive, Old East, Peabody (N3)
- Caldwell & Steele (NG3)
- Forest Theater (N5)
- Park Place (N5)
The Town of Chapel Hill street closures available online for Halloween.
Road closures on campus include:
- Cameron Avenue – Columbia to Raleigh Street 6:30 p.m. through midnight
- South Road – Columbia to Raleigh Street 6:30 p.m. through midnight
- Stadium Drive – 5:00 p.m. through 1:30 a.m.
- Skipper Bowles Drive – 6:00 p.m. – midnight
- Williamson Drive – 6:00 p.m. – midnight
- Battle Lane – 6:30 p.m. – midnight
- Boundary Street – 6:30 p.m. – midnight
- Parking Place – 6:30 p.m. – midnight
The TransLoc Rider app features real-time pick up requests for UNC Point-to-Point (P2P) On-Demand. This free app allows users to enter a destination, view estimated time of arrival and track vehicles in real-time for on campus locations. Customers may also use the website to request a ride.
All riders must adhere to rules and policies associated with riding campus and local transit safely. Local and Regional transit services may be altered to accommodate Halloween road closures, including:
Campus lots require UNC weekday or weeknight permits from 7:30 a.m. Thursday, October 31 through Friday, November 1 at 7:30 a.m.
- Employees reporting to work on Halloween evening on north and mid campus locations must present a weekday or weeknight permit or UNC1 Card at:
- Cobb Deck (ND)
- Nash (N7)
- Bell Tower Deck (BTD)
- Venable (N11)
- P2P After Dark available through the TransLoc app or at 919-962-7867 for employees.
- Recommended south campus parking located at Dogwood Deck for all UNC Health Care employees, patients, and visitors during this time frame (permit or payment required).
- Employees, who do not have a permit, reporting to work after the road closures should park in Dogwood Deck (hourly rate applies).
Campus lots require weekday permits or weeknight parking registration / credentials 7:30 a.m. Thursday, October 31 through Friday, November 1 at 7:30 a.m.
Graduate and Undergraduate students coming to campus for academic or extracurricular activities must present a UNC permit or UNC One card to access monitored lots and a weeknight registered credential (license plate) or weekday permit to use campus parking locations.
Student Guest Parking
UNC student guest parking is available at 6 p.m. on October 31 at $20 per vehicle at the Rams Head Deck. All other lots on campus will require weekday or weeknight permits or registered license plates. $20 upon entry stubs valid until 7:30 a.m. on November 1. After 7:30 a.m. on November 1, vehicles remaining in the deck are subject to the hourly rate of $1.75 per hour.