Choose sustainable transportation and kick gas!
Ride the Bus
- Chapel Hill Transit: Fare-free buses. Routes U and RU circulate campus during the day.
- Point-to-Point (P2P): Fare-free for students. P2P Express and P2P Shuttle circulate campus at night.
- GoTriangle / PART Express / Chatham Transit: Connect UNC to other cities. Pay with cash or ride with a free bus pass (for eligible commuters).
- Park & Ride: Available to commuters for direct access to buses.
Hop on a Bike
UNC is recognized nationally as a Bicycle Friendly University!
- Registered bikes get 50% off a U-lock from Student Stores.
- Maps.unc.edu shows bike racks, fix-it stations, and more.
- Tar Heel Bikes are free to ride for an hour every day.
- Carpool with other UNC students. Find matches using Share the Ride NC (log in with Onyen).
- Carshare with Zipcars located on the UNC campus at age 18. Rates cover gas and insurance.
- Maps.unc.edu lists all UNC buildings to help navigate campus. Dodge the squirrels.
- South campus to north campus is about a 20 minute walk and a good way to get some exercise.
Traveling Long Distance
See long distance transportation options.