P2P Express and P2P Shuttle provide fare-free bus services for UNC students and employees and operate between UNC residence halls, libraries, research areas, and Franklin Street, serving designated bus stops.
P2P Express operates daily, 7 p.m. – 4 a.m., every 15 minutes (every 20 minutes during summer).
P2P Shuttle operates:
- Monday – Saturday, 7 p.m. – 3 a.m., every 30 minutes
- Sunday, 7 p.m. – 3 a.m., On-Demand
- Monday – Thursday 10:30 p.m. – 3 a.m.
- Friday & Saturday – P2P service for the RR lot is On-Demand after the NU Route stops running at 10:45 p.m.
- Sundays from 11:30 p.m. – 3 a.m.
P2P partners with student government to provide a free airport shuttle to students for Fall, Thanksgiving and Spring Breaks to and from the UNC campus and RDU Airport. Sign-ups open one week prior to the scheduled break and close one day before break begins. Shuttles are not provided for Winter Break. Make sure to sign up for an earlier shuttle time if the preferred time is full. Under-utilized shuttle times may be combined.
Shuttles operate on the advertised day either the day of or the day before scheduled break begins. Shuttles run every hour between 9:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Return shuttles (if provided) operate on the Sunday following the break period and run on the hour, from 2 p.m. until 10 p.m.
Shuttles leave from the P2P lot on Manning Drive and in front of the SRC on South Road. Return shuttle service is provided from RDU back to the P2P lot and the SRC. No sign-up is needed for return shuttles.
- Terminal 1: Return shuttles pick up from the #9 purple prearranged services bus stop
- Terminal 2: Return shuttles pick up at the lower level, past the taxi pick up, toward the right as you exit the terminal
Riders are allowed to bring one carry-on item and one personal item (e.g., a backpack) onto the bus. Shuttles have a rider limit, so it’s best to schedule as soon as possible. It can take up to 1 hour to get to RDU from Chapel Hill, so please plan accordingly.
For service outside of the above times, see GoTriangle route 800 (with a connection to RDU).