P2P provides late night fixed route and on-demand services that offer fare-free transit around campus. The P2P Express and Baity Hill Shuttle can be tracked using the TransLoc app or the TransLoc website. P2P fixed-route buses do not operate during breaks, University-recognized holidays, or when residence halls are closed.
P2P Express and Baity Hill Shuttle provide fare-free bus services for UNC-Chapel Hill students and employees and operate between University residence halls, libraries, research areas, and Franklin Street, serving designated bus stops.
P2P Express operates daily, 7 p.m. – 3 a.m., every 20 minutes.
Baity Hill Shuttle operates:
- Monday – Saturday, 7 p.m. – 3 a.m., every 30 minutes.
- Use After Dark on-demand on Sunday.
Chapel Hill Transit provides services from campus to the RR Lot via the NU Route. After the NU Route stops operating, P2P provides a continuous shuttle operating every 30 minutes between the RR Lot and campus.
- Monday – Thursday 10:30 p.m. – 3 a.m.
- Friday and Saturday – P2P service for the RR lot is On-Demand after the NU Route stops running at 10:45 p.m.
- Sundays from 11:30 p.m. – 3 a.m.
P2P provides After-Dark rides for students and employees. Pick-up and drop-off points are limited to on-campus locations or specific off-campus locations owned or operated by the University, including on-campus parking lots.
Employees requiring transport from an on-campus building back to a Park-and-Ride lot after transit service has stopped running should request an Emergency Ride Back. P2P does not pick up or bring an employee to campus after transit stops service to a park-and-ride lot.
Hours of Service (Monday – Sunday, 7 p.m. – 6 a.m.)
- Employees and students are eligible for After Dark van transport only if location is not served by P2P Express or the Baity Hill Shuttle.
- P2P does not offer service to buildings that are normally closed during the evening or weekend hours or to Park-and-Rides unless for Emergency Ride Back.
P2P transports CAP members from campus locations to Park-and-Rides and other locations within Chapel Hill or Carrboro. P2P does not pick up from Park-and-Ride lots.
Service is provided for the following:
- The CAP member’s carpool driver has to unexpectedly leave early or stay late
- The CAP member or an immediate family member gets sick or has a severe crisis
- The CAP member must work unscheduled overtime and Chapel Hill Transit is not running
Requests for Emergency Ride Back will be verified to ensure that the circumstances meet the established guidelines.
Hours of Service
- Monday – Friday, 24 hours