Information and Updates
- Virtual permitting continues for 2021-2022 and requires license plate registration to associate permit with vehicle:
- Register license plate in Online Services
- Valid front license plate or no back-in/pull-through parking
- Multiple plates may be registered; Only one vehicle on campus at a time associated with the permit
- Flex permit pricing for eligible employees reporting on campus three days or less per week.
- Departments and units are responsible for verifying an employee’s reporting schedule when requesting a flex permit.
- Employees who exceed three days of parking within a week with a flex permit are subject to cancellation of the flex parking permit and required to purchase a full week permit.
- Registration for the Commuter Alternative Program opens for employees July 15.
- Park-and-Ride permits for UNC lots are virtual; no physical permit/hang tag required for display in vehicle. Employees are required to register license plate to associate permit with vehicle.
- Park-and-Ride permits for Town of Chapel Hill lots (Eubanks Road, Jones Ferry, and South Village lots) require a physical permit
- Print permit at home/office through Online Services
- Request Transportation and Parking to print permit for pickup
- GoTriangle suspended fares; no GoPass required.
- Commuters registering for Chatham Transit or PART passes will receive them by mail. Please allow five to seven business days for delivery.
See local and regional transit providers websites for updates related to community standards and service changes.
- Point-to-Point (P2P): TransLoc app or 919-962-7867
- Medical Center Shuttle: UNC Hospitals Transportation Dispatch (984-974-0465)
- Chapel Hill Transit (Includes Park-and-Ride service)
Alerts and updates for regional transit operations can be found at:
- Tar Heel Bike operating normally