Coordinator Registration Login
Coordinators may begin making changes to initial registration assignments beginning Jul. 22. The new permit year will begin Aug. 1 to accommodate the change to the academic calendar.
Transportation and Parking relies on department parking coordinators to serve as liaisons between Transportation and Parking and the department employees. Transportation and Parking routinely sends communications through department coordinators to share pertinent information related to transportation and parking to department employees.
Changes to employee permit assignments may be made throughout the year. Department coordinators are required to submit a request to add or cancel assignments that impact the department parking allocation. Parking coordinators are also responsible for requesting and cancelling department permits such as service, state vehicle, or official visitor permits, and are the main contact for the department related to employee parking assignments.
Changes to employee parking assignments after Jul. 29 require submission of a Parking Coordinator Form for Employees, found in Online Forms under Parking Coordinator Login. A permit cannot be issued if an employee does not register a valid license plate through Online Services. Permits are virtual and require individual customer to register valid license plate(s).
Transportation and Parking will release waitlist parking assignments for fall semester based on existing campus capacity. Waitlist releases are temporary semester assignments based on reduced campus population for fall 2020. For fall 2020, the first waitlist release will be August 28. Employees purchasing semester waitlist permits will need to be reassigned in January through the department allocation process.
Department coordinators submit requests for employees waitlist choice through the Employee Waitlist Request Form, available through the Parking Coordinator Login online forms. Employees may check waitlist status through Online Services.
- Permanent employees receive priority on the waitlist based on the total state service date through October 31 of the academic year. Beginning November 1, date of request determines the waitlist position for permanent and temporary employees
- Temporary and contract employees are placed on a waitlist after permanent employees based on the date of request. Parking Coordinators are responsible for adding employees to the waitlist by submitting requests
- UNC Hospitals employees may sign up for the hospital waitlist. For additional questions, please contact the Hospital Parking and Transportation office at 984-974-1031
- Permits released via the Waitlist are not part of the department allocation and are not automatically renewed the following permit year
- Employee waitlist permits are released the third Friday of the following months: September, October, November, March, April and May of each year
To cancel or request additional department permits such as Service or State Vehicle permits, complete and submit the “Service and State Vehicle Change Form” accessed through the Parking Coordinator log in.
Daily parking options available through Parkmobile.
- Find a parking space in a designated daily parking area
- Visit the Parkmobile website for daily parking
- Login or create an account (a confirmation link sent via email; please check spam/junk folders)
- Select the date, then select “Next”
- Select the designated parking area, then “Add to Cart”
- Select “Checkout”
- Complete the “Vehicle Information” for the vehicle parked in the space
- Complete the “Payment Information”
- Select “Complete Purchase”
- The permit is virtual (no physical permit required)
Other registration procedures may be completed by individual employees and do not require the department parking coordinator. Registration forms available online for individuals to complete.
Accessing Current Permit Assignments
Edit/Change Permit Assignments
Open the link to “2020-2021 Employee Parking Registration”
Once the Employee Parking Registration page opens, you will be able to edit/change your department employee’s parking assignments
- 2019-2020 permit assignments are pre-populated
- Employees receiving the same permit assignment as last year require no action
- A blank permit assignment record (no name appears) is an available permit allocation
- If allocations have been reduced in an area, you may have to reassign the employees in that zone
To edit the employee parking assignment record, select the “pencil” icon on the right; you can edit:
- Assign Permit to Employee (yes or no)
- PID (or use the campus directory button)
- Name (auto-populates based on PID or directory selection)
- Payment Method (payroll deduction or other)
- Employee is Primarily a teleworker (yes or no)
- Select “Finish” to save
To delete the employee parking assignment record:
- Select the “pencil” icon to edit the employee record (the “X” icon does not delete the assignment record; it only removes changes you have made to the record)
- Where it indicates “assign this permit,” select “No”
- “Finish” the record edit to delete the employee permit assignment
Pre-populated (Prepop) Permit Assignments
Permits issued to individuals for special designations, such as reserved, all gated, dual zone, or disability, can be found under the “Prepop Permits” section of the 2020-2021 Employee Parking Registration page. Pre-populated permits can only be deleted; permits cannot be reassigned in the registration process. Coordinators may make changes to department pre-populated permits beginning Jul. 22.
Postdoc Permit Assignments
An allocation of 50 Craige Deck (CD) and 60 Bowles Drive (S11) permits available to accommodate postdoctoral fellows that may not receive a permit through department allocations. Coordinators who do not have adequate parking may request a Craig Deck or S11 for assignment utilizing the postdoc parking request form on the Parking Coordinator website.
For fall 2020, indicate if a department employee is teleworking; teleworking is defined for the purpose of parking as a permanent schedule where an employee reports to an on-campus work location three days or less per week. If an employee’s permanent schedule changes after initial registration, the parking coordinator should contact Transportation and Parking to change status.
- Parking coordinator is responsible for verifying teleworking status of employee
- Edit the employee parking assignment record
- Select yes or no for “Employee is Primarily a teleworker” based on the employee’s schedule
- Click “Finish” to save or “Cancel” to start over
- You can view your department’s service permits from the main parking coordinator page
- Under the “Permit” heading, select “2019-2020” from the drop down menu under “Permit Year”
- Scroll down until you see “Department Permits”
- Department Permits such as Service permits and State Vehicle permits will automatically be renewed and billed through UNC Customer Billing Management (CBM)
- Department Reserved Parking Spaces will be automatically renewed and billed through CBM
- To cancel or request additional department permits, complete and submit the “Service and State Vehicle Change Form” accessed through the Parking Coordinator log in
2020 – 2021
- Registration opens: Jul. 1
- Registration closes: Jul. 10
- CAP registration opens: Jul. 20
- Coordinator cancel/change permits: Jul. 22
- Service/Official Visitor permit pickup: Aug. 17 – 21
Changes to initial employee and department parking assignments may be made Jul. 22 – 29. Permits cancelled before Aug. 9 receive a full refund. Permits cancelled on or after Aug. 10 receive a pro-rated refund.
Parking coordinators must upload a Change Week Form to:
- cancel, add, reassign or update employee’s virtual permit assignment or commuting status
- cancel or add service or state vehicle permit assignments
Employee parking permits are virtual and do not require a hangtag. Individual employees are required to ensure that their valid license plate is registered via Online Services and the plate serves as the permit.
Department permits such as Service and Official Visitor remain as hangtag permits. Due to delays, permits will be available for pickup the week of Aug. 17 – 21 by appointment only. State vehicle permits are virtual.
Service, State Vehicle and Official Visitor permits with an expiration date of Aug. 14, 2020 will be honored through Aug. 21 to allow departments time to pick up their new permits.
Payments for employee virtual permits by check or card requires:
- Complete and upload the Check/Card Payment Form
- Add employee information indicating charge payments (employees will receive email to make payment via Online Services)
- Add employee information indicating check payments
- Collect any check payments for submission to Transportation and Parking by 3 p.m. on Jul. 29
- Print Check/Card Payment Form for submission with check payments
- Package printed check card payment form along with any check payments in envelope marked with department name and number
- Schedule an appointment only if department has employees paying by check
- Employees paying by card will receive an email to make payment via Online Services, coordinator will not need to make an in-person visit
Transportation and Parking will notify contract departments via email regarding payment processing information for department allocation, Service, State Vehicles and Official Visitor.
Due to delays in production, Service and Official Visitor permits, which remain hangtag permits, will be available for pickup the week of Aug. 17 – 21 by appointment only.
- The schedule appointment sign up times will be posted Aug. 10
- Service and Official Visitor permits with an expiration date of Aug. 14, 2020 will be honored through Aug. 21
Reduced Pricing for Commuters
In an effort to accommodate changing work and class schedules, a pricing strategy was developed to provide a reduction in cost to those who may have reduced or adjusted on-campus presence for fall 2020.
Employees who report to campus 3 days or less are eligible for a reduced permit cost for fall 2020. Department parking coordinators are required to verify an employee’s schedule meets the criteria for a reduced cost. If an employee’s schedule reverts to more than 3 days reporting to campus, the full permit cost is applicable.
All commuter students, regardless of schedule, who receive a permit through the student parking registration processes will receive a semester permit for fall 2020 at the commuter semester permit cost in consideration of adjusted on-campus schedules.
Measures to provide customer service approaches that incorporate community standards and limit requirements for in-person office visits include:
- Online Services (account management)
- Virtual permits (license plate registration required)
- Mobile app for daily/hourly parking options
Before coming into the Transportation and Parking office, please see online options or contact a customer service representative:
- Parking and Transit Assistance: email@example.com
- Billing and Payment Assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parking Maintenance and Repair Assistance
- Hospital Parking Assistance and Information: email@example.com
- I am a parking coordinator, where can I find information on how to complete Annual Employee Registration?
- Information on how to complete annual employee registration may be found on the Coordinator Registration Login page. Including how to login to the site and step-by-step directions for editing parking assignments.
- What is a virtual permit and how does it work?
- A virtual permit means that no physical permit/hang tag is required. Instead, your license plate is registered in the system and serves as your credential. License plate recognition (LPR) technology scans your plate to verify that you are credentialed to park in the lot. Individual permit holders are responsible for registering license plate(s) in Online Services. Vehicles must park with license plate visible from the travel lane of the space.
- If the department does not assign parking allocations for fall 2020 due to remote working, will the allocation be affected for the spring semester or future years?
- The department’s allocation will remain unchanged based on fall 2020 assignments.
- If an employee is working remotely for the fall and plans to return in January, do I need to assign a permit now?
- No. You can assign the permit in January so long as it remains in the department’s allocation. The employee is only required to pay for the period of time the permit is issued and parking cost is pro-rated.
- How much is an annual parking permit for 2020-2021?
- The recommended strategy related to a reduced teleworking price is under consideration. Any updates related to teleworking pricing reduction strategy for fall 2020-2021 will be provided following formal approval.
- What if the employee is unsure of the work schedule for the fall?
- Parking coordinators are encouraged to make assignments based on existing understanding of schedules. Parking coordinators may re-assign department allocations beginning Jul. 22. Employees may cancel a permit at any time. Permits cancelled before August 9 receive a full refund. Permits cancelled on or after August 10 receive a pro-rated refund.
- I am a parking coordinator, where can I find my department permits including service and state vehicle permits?
- Department Permits such as Service permits and State Vehicle permits will automatically be renewed and billed through UNC Customer Billing Management (CBM). To cancel or request additional department permits, complete and submit the form on the Parking Coordinator website.