Electric vehicle (EV) charging stations are available on campus. Stations located in employee and student-permitted lots require the appropriate parking permit. Stations in visitor parking areas may be accessed by anyone at any time, except during posted event operations.
To gain access to the UNC-Chapel Hill ChargePoint EV stations, complete the following steps:
- Complete the request form and register with ChargePoint.
- Purchase an annual EV parking permit. You will not be connected to the UNC-Chapel Hill charging network without this permit.
- You can purchase an annual EV parking permit by contacting the parking office or your employee parking coordinator.
- EV parking permits are NOT renewed automatically annually. You must renew EV parking permits in order to be eligible for EV charging the next year.
- Once you have an annual EV parking permit, connect to UNC-Chapel Hill’s organization within the ChargePoint app. Launch the ChargePoint app, navigate to the main menu, select Account > Connections > Browse Connections, then select the Connections button. Search for UNC-Chapel Hill by name or by the organization ID (18980001) and select Submit Request.
Once the connection request is sent, it will either be approved or denied. If approved, you will then have access to the UNC-Chapel Hill ChargePoint network.
To access the EV stations, users must pay the established parking fees during posted hours of operation and the ChargePoint cost for the use of available EV charging stations. After battery is fully charged, vehicles should be relocated as soon as possible to allow other users to access the stations. To use the stations, register with ChargePoint.