- Carolina Ready: Information & resources for keeping Tar Heels safe.
- Carolina Ready Safety App: This app provides students, faculty and staff with a direct connection to UNC Police so that everyone can easily communicate all their safety needs. Its easy-to-use features help you stay safe every day and enable us to better protect you.
- SafeWalk: A Student Government initiative to increase night time safety for UNC students. A male-female pair of trained students walks with you to an on-campus destination.
- Emergency Call Boxes: Emergency phones are located across campus grounds identifiable at night by the blue lights on top. Emergency phones are also in parking decks and elevators. All of these emergency phones provide a direct line to the Emergency 911 Center at the Public Safety Building.
- Campus Lighted Corridor: A pedestrian-friendly corridor through the campus on which the University sharply focuses its lighting and personal safety resources. In addition, there are eight police officers assigned to patrol the campus at night. There are also security guards assigned to the Cardinal, Dogwood, and Craige decks at night.
- Safe at UNC: Information & Resources about discrimination, harassment, sexual violence, stalking, and interpersonal violence at UNC.
- Work Safe: Information & training resources for workplace safety.
- Safe Tips: Personal Safety Tips from UNC Police.
- Alert Carolina: The Alert Carolina System (ACS) communicates in multiple ways with students, faculty and staff, as well as visitors, local residents, parents and the news media in the event of an emergency or dangerous situation.