Chapel Hill Transit
Chapel Hill Transit provides fare-free bus service between UNC, Chapel Hill, and Carrboro. Park-and-Ride lots are available for daytime riders.
The U route and RU route circulate UNC’s campus on weekdays every 10 to 15 minutes, with adjusted service during weekends and UNC academic breaks.
Safe Ride is a late night bus that runs Thursday – Saturday from 11:00 p.m. until 2:30 a.m. These Chapel Hill Transit buses provide services from Franklin Street down MLK, Jr. Boulevard, NC 54 East, and Smith Level Road.
To submit comments or suggestions, visit the Chapel Hill Transit feedback page.
P2P provides fare-free services for UNC students, faculty, and staff. The P2P Express and P2P Shuttle serve UNC Residence Halls, Franklin Street and Granville Towers, running 7 days a week, 7:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m.
P2P also provides on-demand rides to and from Campus Health Services, the RR lot, the undergrad and law libraries, as well as ADA accessible services. Emergency Ride Back services are offered to CAP members.
- Use Google Maps for transit directions.
- See buses in real time with TransLoc.
- Download Transloc for iPhone or Android
- Sign up for transit alerts with Town of Chapel Hill News Updates.
- Sign up for transit alerts with GoTriangle.
- Use Walkscore to find apartments near bus stops.