Chapel Hill Transit
Chapel Hill Transit provides service between UNC, Chapel Hill, and Carrboro. These buses are free and run frequently throughout the day. Park & Ride lots make it easy for those not within walking distance of a bus stop to use transit.
On-campus circulators — U and RU routes — run throughout the day from early morning to early evening during the weekdays, with reduced service during weekends and UNC academic breaks.
Safe Ride is a late night bus that runs Thursday – Saturday from 11:00 p.m. until 2:30 a.m. These Chapel Hill Transit buses provide services from Franklin Street down MLK, Jr. Boulevard, NC 54 East, and Smith Level Road.
To submit comments or suggestions visit the Chapel Hill Transit feedback page.
P2P provides fare-free services for UNC students, faculty, and staff. The P2P Express & P2P Shuttle serve UNC Residence Halls, Franklin Street and Granville Towers, running 7 days a week, 7:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m.
P2P also provides on-demand rides to and from Campus Health Services, the RR lot, the undergrad and law libraries, as well as ADA accessible services and Emergency Ride Back for CAP members.
- Use Google Maps for transit directions.
- Sign up for transit alerts with Chapel Hill Transit.
- Sign up for transit alerts with GoTriangle.
- Use Walkscore to find an apartment near a bus stop, grocery store, and other amenities.
- See buses in real time with TransLoc.
- Download Transloc for iPhone or Android