CAP Registration for 2021-22 opens Jul. 15. Registration is required (current CAP members will not be auto-renewed). CAP membership runs from Aug. 1 to Jul. 31, 2022.
To qualify for CAP, employees and students must use alternative transportation (bus, carpool, vanpool, bike, or walk) as their primary commute. Visit transit agency websites for community standards and service updates.
- Aug. 2 – Friday Center South and Chatham County lots open.
- Local Park-and-Ride lots require a parking permit. Regional Park-and-Ride lots are free to park.
- If parking in a UNC operated lot (Chatham, Friday Center, Friday Center South and 725 MLK), UNC permits are virtual and based on license plate which must be visible from the drive lane. A front license plate is available for purchase from Transportation and Parking for backend or pull-through parking.
- If parking in a Town lot (Eubanks, Jones Ferry, Southern Village), UNC permits must be printed and displayed.
- Jul. 19-31 – continued reduced services: A, CL, CM, CW, D, FCX, HS, J, N, NS, RU, S, U.
- Aug. 1 – routes resume: B, CCX, F, G, JFX, NU, T.
- Aug. 1 – routes with modified schedules: weekday J, weekday NS, NU, RU, S.
- Aug. 1 – Carolina Livery operates routes: B, CCX, JFX.
- Browse Chapel Hill Transit routes and schedules.
- Jul. 19 – CT Express resumes full service to Pittsboro.
- Bus passes valid for two years from Aug. 2020 until Aug. 2022.