Tar Heel Bikes
UNC-Chapel Hill partners with Spin to provide a bikeshare program for the Carolina community. Bikesharing is a convenient and cost-effective way to get around while certified personnel keep the bicycles maintained. A fleet of 100 Tar Heel Bikes (provided by Spin) are located at bikeshare hubs across campus. These e-bikes are available for use by students, employees and visitors and may be used on campus. Bike Hub Locations
How much does it cost to ride an e-bike?
- Pay-As-You-Go Pricing: $1.00 to unlock plus $0.29 per minute.
- Monthly Pass Pricing: $6.99 flat monthly rate plus $0.29 per minute, with the unlock fee waived.
How to use
Download the Spin app in the App Store or Google Play. Unlock the e-bike by scanning the unique QR codes.
Tips for riding e-bikes
- Wear a helmet when riding.
- Ride in the street.
- Obey local traffic laws.
- Ride sober.
- Stay clear of large and turning vehicles.
- Park e-bikes in designated bike racks.